Piwigo 2.3, making-off
In our new 6 month release cycle Piwigo 2.3 was planned for October 1st, 2011. Piwigo 2.3.0 was released on October 4th, 2011. Job’s done! I’m proud of this result. And Piwigo 2.3 brings many new features. Let’s summarize:
- rvelices: rating score (better sorting on “best rated” photos)
- P@t: Update Manager, thumbnail regeneration, websize photo regeneration, thumbnail mass cropping
- mistic100 (new team member): menubar on all pages, multilingual tags, “default sort order” configuration setting, number of photos per page user setting
- flop25: option to apply permissions to sub-albums
- plg (that’s me): design changes on the upload form, new tooltip on thumbnail, “lost password” feature, tag merging
- P@t and mistic100 have worked together on the new design of the Plugin Manager
- ddtddt: managed to add 6 new languages thanks to new translators for Afrikaans, Български (Bulgarian), Eesti (Estonian), Ελληνικά (Greek), 한국어 (Korean) , ภาษาไทย (Thai). Piwigo is now available in 43 languages!
In addition to our traditionnal “Release Notes” full of screenshots, we have created a 3 minute video to introduce you to 3 new visual features of Piwigo 2.3.
What about my personnal feeling on Piwigo 2.3 new features? The new rating score algorithm is great for Piwigo Showcase, the new plugin manager is really the kind of user interface I would like for all administration screens, thumbnail and websize regeneration are maybe the most useful actions available in the Batch Manager (of course I like the new design of the upload form, but I’ve played so much with it while coding that it doesn’t seem really “new” to me). I really love this new version. I hope you’ll feel the same!
Let’s start to work on Piwigo 2.4 now!