Archive for May 2011
Dmitri Popov has written a new article on Linux-Magazine blogs : DIY Mobile Photo Sharing with Piwigo and ReGalAndroid.
For a week, all new Piwigo.com accounts are based on Piwigo 2.2. From today all “old” accounts have been migrated to Piwigo 2.2 as well.
The first question you may have is: why do Piwigo.com accounts had to wait for 6 weeks to run on Piwigo. 2.2? the answer : because of themes and plugins compatibility. There are 37 plugins and 23 themes available on Piwigo.com and we have been waiting for Piwigo 2.2 compatibility on all of them before starting migration. Because this wait has lasted a bit too long while many accounts could have been migrated earlier, I have coded a “filtered migration tool”: depending on the themes and plugins active on your gallery, your account is migrated or not. This way, your Piwigo.com gallery may be migrated much earlier for Piwigo 2.3 🙂
So what’s new on Piwigo 2.2 compared to Piwigo 2.1:
- easier photo upload for your visitors (your family or friends for example) thanks to plugin “Community”, no need to use pLoader, an advanced web form is available
- the photo batch manager gets a new design to make it easier of use
- ability to remove or downsize your high definition photos
- automatic rotation on your photos uploaded with the web form
- improved compatibility with remote tools like Lightroom or Shotwell (no need to activate the pwg.images.addSimple plugin)
- advanced use: ability to edit your own CSS rules with plugin LocalFiles Editor
- if you have selected themes Stripped or Gally*, new configuration settings are available to customize your gallery
There are many more interesting improvements, you can read the full list on Piwigo 2.2.0 release notes.