Piwigo 2.2 Release Candidate 3 and User Upload
This should be the last Release Candidate before 2.2.0. You can read full details on the forum announcement (includes the magic download link).
The User Upload feature is removed from Piwigo 2.2 default features. This is a design choice. The Community plugin is now responsible for this feature. Starting from version 2.2.a, the Community plugin is not bound to pLoader anymore: now you can activate the advanced upload form for users as well. Of course, users will also be able to add photos with remote softwares like pLoader, Jiwigo, Lightroom, Shotwell, Digikam…
The Community plugin doesn’t imply full trust anymore: you can say that photos added by Friends (the group) needs to be validated by an admin, while photos added by Paul (the user) are directly visible in the gallery. You can also give the right to create sub-albums.
1. the administrator creates upload permissions by answering following questions:
* who? any visitor, any registered user, a user, a group
* where? the whole gallery or a specific album
* level of trust? high (immediate visibility in the gallery) or low (photos needs to be validated)
2. if at least one permission matches the current user, a link [i]Upload photos[/i] is added in the menu. This is the upload form, as full featured as it is in the administration panel: automatic resize, thumbnail creation, automatic rotation, several photos at once, progress bar…
If the user has a low level of trust for this album, photos are now pending for validation. Administrators are notified by email.
3. administrators open the pending photos screen and decide which photos to validate and which to reject. Admins can also edit photos and albums before validation.
Community plugin version 2.2.a is ready for your beta test. First step is to run a Piwigo 2.2.0RC3 then you can install the Community plugin from the plugin manager as usual.